Looking for an easy way to jazz up that little black dress in your closet? A simple belt with an exquisite buckle makes a great addition to a fashion classic. Stick to a black belt, you do not want to draw too much attention to the waist.
To get the look you will need
- 1 rhinestone buckle #40970
- 1 yard of 36mm silk ribbon #02336
- needle and thread
- and your iron and ironing board
- Measure your waist. This belt has no adjustment so don’t cheat or you will be holding your tummy in all evening.
- Add one inch to this measurement and cut ribbon at this length.
- Create ½” pleat at the top of the ribbon and press. Ideally you want the lines to create an up right V, this is a much more youthful look.
- Thread your ribbon through the back of your buckle, stop at 1″ and fold over.
- Hand stitch the tab you’ve just created down to the ribbon as close the bar as possible.
- Trim off excess, if you own pinking sheers these are ideal to use. If not a straight cut is fine.