It’s Lady Gaga meets Gossip Girl!
Bow headpieces are a big hit this year. And we’ve seen many different variations of it on Lady Gaga, and Gossip Girl. We’ve seen striped bows, hair made bows, lace bows, oversized bows to small bows, but so far I haven’t seen any sequin bows headbands. So I decided to make one, these totally chic bows take 5 minutes to make and look great on a hair clip or a headband. And did I mention there perfect for the Spring and Summer!
- 7inches of 2 ¼” Stretch Sequin Style# 34650 (Color Blue Iris or Pink Iris)
- Invisible thread and needle
- Plain headband or hair clip
- Hot Glue Gun
- Step one– Fold the cut Stretch Sequin in half and sew each ends together.
- Step two– With the sewn sequin facing vertically in the middle, pinch the center and sew the sequins in place.
- Step three– With the center sewn, take your needle and thread put the needle thru the middle of the sewn center horizontally, pull from the back of the bow then repeat. (This will create the back of the center bow and front to stick together.)
- Step four– Hot glue to a headband or hairclip
Tips* Add a funky button, ribbon or chain around the center for a more finished look. I prefer a plain headband with a little bit of glam, but dress it up to fit your own personal style.