We were completely inspired to create a necklace with our Swarovski crystals over the weekend. Because we are obsessed with collars again this season, we decided to create a rhinestone collar necklace! It was a lot of fun to create and the way it sparkles on sunny, snowy days makes us even happier!
2 size packs of Swarovski flatback rhinestones
1 size pack of Swarovski sew-on rhinestones
1 ft. of ribbon
2 ft. of chain
1. Cut out two triangular pieces of ribbon.
2. Sew on a few rhinestones and one button onto one cutout.
3. Glue some of your rhinestone flatbacks onto your cutout. Use your smaller rhinestones to fill in the gaps.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 on your other triangular cutout and let both dry for an hour.
5. Glue and sew your triangles together at one point.
6. Cut your chain into two equal pieces.
7. Open your jump ring and slip your clasp onto it, as depicted. Then, slip one end of one chain onto the jump ring and close it.
8. Sew the last link of this chain onto the outside corner of your collar. Repeat using your other chain and the opposite corner of your collar.
9. Now you’ve got a beautiful rhinestone collar necklace to add to your jewelry collection!