I had so much fun creating these projects with the surprise box that M&J Trimming sent me. There’s a lot of variety within these 6 projects, so I hope you’re inspired to try out at least one of them! Enjoy, and Happy DIY’ing!
Project 1: Multi-Finger ring
Multi-finger rings have been spotted everywhere lately. As one of this season’s hottest trends, you can make your very own multi-finger ring with just a few supplies.
– 3 Fashion Dome Buttons Item# 46459 in Teal
– Button shank remover
– Scrap of pleather or leather (1.5″x2.5″)
– Super glue
– 3 ring blanks
Project 2: Chain and Cord Bracelet
This statement bracelet looks complicated, but it really isn’t! I love the combination of different textures, between the chain and the cord.
– Cord/Braid Item# 887060198 in Ovocado (1.800.9.MJTRIM) , about 60 inches
– Kelly Green Color thread Item#42681
– 1 Fashion Dome Buttons Item# 46459 in Teal
– Thick wide curb chain
– Sewing needle
– Jewelry pliers
– Jewelry clasp and jump rings
– Clear nailpolish
Tip: Wrap tape around the ends of the cord to prevent them from fraying while you make the bracelet.
1) Cut the cord into two 30 inch pieces, and thread one piece through the first link of the curb chain. Fold the thread in half to make sure that there’s the same amount of thread on either side. Take the bottom strand, fold it over the top strand and then through the second link.
2) Take this strand and fold it back over the chain, and under the other strand. That other strand then goes through the chain.
Project 3: Ribbon Wrap Bracelet
This Ribbon Wrap Bracelet is the ultimate spring accessory; it totally reminds me of flowers, sunshine and nature. You can also use the same method with different types of ribbons to create a completely different vibe.
– Hand Dyed Silk Satin Ribbon Item# 33583 about 120 inches for a 7 inch bracelet
– Rhinestone trim (*this is actually from M&J Trimming as well, but I had this beforehand.)
– Hot glue gun
Project 4: Shoulder Trim Shirt
You can give some life to a plain old shirt by using gold trim to accent the shoulders. I love the way the trim hangs off the sleeves – it adds a sultry, flirty element. Regardless of what color shirt you choose, the gold trim will look amazing with any color.
1) Find the seam on the shoulder of your shirt. Line the trim along the seam and sew the edge of the trim to the edge of the shirt.
2) Sew the trim in the middle, with just a one or two simple stitches.
Project 5: Gold Trim Headband
This headband is my personal favorite; it can add some gypsy-inspired flair to any outfit, and will look great whether you have short or long hair.
– Gold Chain Item# 44522 (1.800.9.MJTRIM), about 13-15 inches
– Elastic, 7-8 inches
– Super glue1) First and only step – glue both ends of the trim to the elastic. Instant headband.
Project 6: Thread Tassel Keychain
Tassels are one of the hottest trends right now. You can easily make your own tassel with some thread, a pair of scissors and a small book. The best part? You can even use different colored threads to create fun, multi-colored tassels.