We’ve all seen chains used in about every which way possible these past couple seasons, but you know I just feel that my jewelry box isn’t saturated enough with them. So, on that note, I would like to give a simple tutorial on how to make a great pair of earrings by creating your own tassel using chains.
- 1 yard of each; 4Mm Metal Chain Style: 36941, 6Mm Colored Metal Chain Style: 36956, 3.5Mm Mesh Link Metal Chain Style: 39714
- 2 bead caps
- 2 hat pins or jewelry wire
- 2 earring hooks
- Wire cutters and needle nose pliers
- First cut your chains into pieces, you can make them the same length or different lengths as I have done; my longest piece is 4”. Be sure you have an even number of pieces.
- Divide them how you like so that you have equal pieces for each earring.
- Thread the hat pin through the ends of your chains and then add the bead cap.
- Cut the hat pin down so that you have only about an inch of it sticking out through the bead cap.
- Using the pliers create a small loop as close to the bead cap as possible.
- Connect the loop of the hat pin and the loop of the earring hook together and wrap the remaining wire of the hat pin around the loop several times to secure.
- See, wasn’t that easy?