For our second Halloween DIY installment, let’s take a journey back in time to the Roaring 20s. This style has taken the DIY world by storm after The Great Gatsby came out this spring. With the grandiose celebrations, chic fashions, and surplus of sparkles, it’s no wonder we’d love to channel the look into a DIY costume this year. Embrace your inner flapper with this amazing (and simple) Gatsby-inspired headband!
What You’ll Need:
1. Use an elastic band to measure the distance around your head. Make sure it isn’t too loose or too tight! Create a half inch overlap, and cut off any excess.
2. Place glue on that half inch end, and glue the ends together. Let it dry for an hour.
3. Take your feather patch, and glue it over the seam you just created.
4. Take your fan appliqué, and glue it over the feather patch.
5. Make sure you allow your headband to dry for 24 hrs before wearing. You wouldn’t want the feathers to go flying while doing the Charleston!
6. Place it delicately on your head to avoid disrupting those fabulous pin curls, and you’re all so set to go! Wear it out to your next party for a look that will make even Daisy Buchanan jealous!
Love the look, but want to make it your own? We’ve got you covered! Find all of the inspirational embellishments you need, from beaded trim to peacock feathers, at our Great Gatsby Inspiration Page!