A studded handbag is exactly what we’ve been looking for to add to our closets. When we received tons of new spikes, we knew it was time to DIY one of our own. Inspired by Christian Louboutin’s Artemis spiked shoulder bag, we love the final look of our bag – it’s tough and chic!
1 foot of Leather Tape
1.5 yards of Chain
Pliers (not shown)
1. Cut a piece of leather tape that drapes right over your shoulder. Starting from the middle of the tape, add about 5 marks for where you will add spikes.
2. Use your leather punch to add holes at your marks.
3. Add your screws from the back of the tape and screw your curved spikes on the top.
4. Add a few more holes and spikes on the the outside of these, as depicted.
5. Once you’ve added enough curved spikes, make a few smaller holes to place your small metal spikes towards the ends of the leather tape.
6. Place the spiked leather piece on your shoulder and measure the amount of chain it will take to reach from the bottom of the spiked piece to the top of the bag. Cut out two equal pieces of chain using a pliers.
8. Remove the handles off of your bag and create two large holes on side of the bag towards the top, as depicted.
9. Open the other end of the chain, slip it through the holes (from the outside of the bag), and close it with your pliers.
10. Repeat steps 8 & 9 with your second chain on the other side of your bag.