In an interview with WWD Magazine, Lady Gaga said she shops at M&J Trimming where she gets her inspiration for some of her funky and over the top pieces. The performer who describes her look as “filthy, unacceptable,” has now inspired M&J Trimming.
After her change of wild outfits and performance at the MTV Music Video Awards, Lady Gaga set the standard for every pop music artist. And if you weren’t a fan of Lady Gaga then, and still not, then you haven’t seen her latest video “Bad Romance”.
The concept of the video is a fashion installation of a Russian Bath-house. Lady Gaga wears these crazy and exciting costumes; including, shoes from designer Alexander McQueen which are worn throughout the video. When I watched the video for the first time I fell in love completely. The scene of her in the crystal top and headpiece was simply amazing and was my inspiration for this crystal bracelet.
3 1/2 inches of Style# 41380 3 ¼” Rhinestone Fringe
- 1 Style# 35658 Rhinestone Appliqué
- 1 Style# 30327 Dress Trim with Prong (1.800.9.MJTRIM )
- Light beige Fabric
- Glue Gun and glue
- Pencil (for tracing)
- Trace the appliqué onto a piece of fabric. Then cut out traced fabric.
- Now cut rhinestone trim into five pieces.
- Cut two pieces into 1inch
- 3 pieces into 1/2 inch
- Glue the 1 inch pieces on opposite sides of each other
- Glue two smaller strands on opposite sides below the longer strands
- Glue the remaining strained at the bottom of the appliqué.
- Now take the cut fabric and glue it on evenly and neatly on the back of the beaded appliqué over the rhinestone trim.
- Now cut the dress trim w/ prong
- The buckle should be 2 inches long
- The other side should be 2.5 inches
- Glue the two pieces to the back of the appliqué, one on each side
- Now take the two strands at the bottom of the applique and cut each strand to 1 inch(or the size of your middle finger) then glue together